Plug in at Home
Access industry leading expertise through every phase of your charging station install
Equip your home with your very own FLO Home™ X5 Charging Station. It’s leading-edge made-in-Canada Level II charging station technology connected to Burlington’s premier future focused EV Network.
Enjoy free guidance from Burlington Electricity Services to help with your decision and plans to install an EV charger.
Experience all the benefits of the latest level II charging station technology. Simply plug your EV into your home charger every night, and have your car fully charged and ready for your daily commute in the morning. It’s safer for your house and your electric car. The built-in security features protect your home and EV from power surges and downtime. Charging electric vehicles at home has never been this easy – you’re always ready to go.
NOT MANAGED EV Charging
Buying an EV and just plugging in at home – without the benefit of EV Future Grid connectivity – has many disadvantages. One of the biggest is the risk of overloading the transformer that services your home and your neigbours, leading to power outages.
Burlington Electricity Services Intelligent MANAGED EV Charging
Burlington Electricity Services provides you with all the advantages of ‘Intelligent EV Changing’ – you’ll benefit as will the entire community.
7 GREAT REASONS
to connect to the Future Grid
1. Decrease your range anxiety by having the comfort of guaranteed charge
2. Capitalize on the lowest energy cost available
3. Allow Burlington Electricity Services Inc to maximize the electrical vehicle charging potential, simultaneously integrating the peak demand to stay within the energy threshold of your home
4. Customize EV charging for your personal and vehicle preferences to create optimal charging patterns, according to demand response
5. EV charger software guides you in the intelligent management of charging your vehicle and aids them in projecting effective and efficient charging methods
6. Be a part of the clean transportation movement by optimizing energy usage while working within the unique infrastructure of your home
7. As an EV driver you can obtain information about your charging state from your mobile phone and access charging power levels and charging station identification data
Burlington Electricity Services Inc.
Charging Station Features
- CSA Certification
- Free CAA 24-hour emergency response for EV charging stations
- Integrated safety features
- Indoor or outdoor installation
- Energy management features
- Automatic software updates
- 100 % Aluminum NEMA 4x Certification
- 25 ft ultra-flex cable from -40 to 50℃
Trip Logger Upgrade
Enquire about the EV Future Grid powerful web-based tool and smart phone APP:
√ Helps to plan routes
√ Conserves energy and helps extend your range
√ Capitalizes on off-peak electricity prices
√ Shows charging status in real time
Charging Levels Explained
Level I: One hour of charge gives ̴8 KM of Range
All electric vehicles come standard with a cord-set that plugs into a regular wall socket. This is the slowest speed of charging, but ensures that no matter where you are, you can always recharge.
Level II: One hour of charger gives ̴30 KM of Range
The most common level of charging level 2 stations have a similar electrical requirement to a stove or clothes dryer. Most EV drivers install a level 2 station at home or businesses. A level 2 station will fully charge your EV overnight.
Level III: DC Fast Charge, One hour of Charge gives ̴250 KM of Range
Direct Current Fast or Quick Charging will recharge your battery from empty to 80% in 30 – 45 minutes. These stations can be found along major highways in Canada